Tuesday, October 25, 2005

How long does a plate last?



Would you believe this plate is older than me? It belonged to my grandmother and when my mum got married it was passed on to my mum. She has a few dozens of it. We ate from these plates during berbuka last week. The brand here is printed at the back of the plate. Even this print is still intact as you can see. This plate was made in England. Not a scratch on the enamel. And my mum uses the plate! Some have been smashed to smithereens by her children and grandchildren but her collection of these lovely pink plates is still enough to supply all the children and grandchildren and the in laws!

7 comments:

dith said...

I've seen those sort of plates before. It comes in light blue as well, I think. But no I don't have plates passed down the generation. Probably it's because my mom was adopted and the family is big or maybe my arwah grandma was not a plate-collector. My mom is chinese and was adopted since she was a baby. We don't know her real family. But we feel just at home with her adopted family nontheless!

Anonymous said...

Yes you are right drroza. We have those plates as well at my mum's house, and they are in light blue. ;)

Anonymous said...

eh..? i've never seen this type of plate, pink, blue or otherwise.. all must have rest in pieces...

Anonymous said...

Either that crimsonskye, or you and your family may belong to the Pyrex or Corelle generation. Dont tell me you dont belong to that generation either?

Anonymous said...

No, you're NOT, Beatrix. I've been reading your comments here and have found them not just comprehensive, but most enlightening as well. I've personally learnt a lot from your gentle observations.
It would be a shame not to be able to hear and learn from you anymore.

Suriya said...

You are welcome to comment here Beatrix. I have listed you as a fellow blogger and welcome friend .Sometimes you will not understand what I write ..but then neither does anybody else It helps me to know when ideas I try to put across does not come across or if they do not sound very nice and to have someone say things in such a frank manner as you do is great for me

Led said...

Every plate tells stories...