Saturday, October 08, 2005

My garden again




My son in law Hidayat is making a roof over our koi pond. He is using the Acacia saplings which grow all around . Acacias are not native to Malaysia and they grow very fast and are considered a pest tree . Some 10 years ago , when they built some terrace houses across the road from my house the developer planted acacia trees by the road side. In almost no time at all, my house which is flanked on both sides by vacant lots became an acacia woods. There are birds all the time ( I love the sound of birds) and it is shady but you cannot imagine the dry leaves that acumulate and the tiny acacia seeds cause a lot of allergies for the children. I suspect some of the koi died from eating acacia seeds that had fallen into the pond hence the need to build a roof over the pond. It has been very hot lately and the plants in and around the pond are sun scorched.
Hence the roof.I am trying to get some attap rumbia for the thatch..
This is the view from my bedroom window. It gives me no end of joy to just look and see the koi lazily swimming. They are not expensive koi, I bought them from about RM3-6 when they were about 5 inches long..and it was so sad when the beautful pink and white koi and another golden one just died..apparently for no reason which is why I suspect some kind of poisoning since they were not sick at all. Koi can live to 100 years old ...

10 comments:

dith said...

So you would have a 'pergola' soon, I see. I wish for one too but has to wait till everything has settled :). OOh, how nice to have a SIL already...is it difficult being a MIL? :))
I love Koi too. They are just beautiful creatures and I don't get bored watching them swimming around. That's another wish of mine. Yes to have a pond full of nice Koi to keep me amused!

whalesoundervish said...

Alhumdulillah! The garden looks lovely, and I'm sure it will look even nicer once you finish making the changes. Post a picture when the roof is done.
By the way, I hope it's ok that I linked your site on my new blog. I always appreciate your insights!
ramadan mubarak!
-Azeem

Anonymous said...

I've always loved watching fishes, in the pond or aquarium. It's so calming...

Suriya said...

Having a son in law is like having another son. Except he comes ready made. And, amazingly he has skills non of my 2 boys have and he is more polte and helpful than my sons.

dith said...

ALhamdulillah. I wish for good SILs too, ameen.

ieka said...

Assalamualaikum
nice garden. just drop by to say hi, and happy birthday :)
TQ for dropping by my blog the other day:)

ahnali said...

happy birthday mama~!! ^____^
*huggies* *BWK*
luv u lots always~~~

luv the roof idea =D

Unknown said...

Nurelhuda,
Your garden looks so peaceful. You're fortunate to have a helpful sil. Have a bless ramadhan.

Anonymous said...

Nurelhuda, you were saying that your SIL is more polite and helpful than your own sons.
I was just wondering whether HIS mother (your SIL's real mother)would say the same thing of HER own son. Or, would she also be saying the very same thing that you've just said: "My SIL is more polite and helpful than my own sons.

Agak-agak nya we all end up raising good, polite and helpful sons and daughters who can, and will only be polite and helpful to their IN-LAWS.

It would be a real disaster if we end up having a rude and not too helpful SIL. Dah lah anak sendiri tak boleh diharap sangat.... ;))

Suriya said...

Pycnogenol
You have a point there! My sons are themselves very polite and helpful to other people and I have always counted lucky the SWTs ( Sweet Young Things) who manage to capture my sons' hearts and tie them up in a marital knot ..this has so far not happened yet ...