Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Our emotions

"The key is to not resist or rebel against emotions or to try to get around them by devising all sorts
of tricks; but to accept them directly, as they are."
-- Takahisa Kora


Pycnogenol was asking me about the training center I wanted to start.
I'm not going to try to convince you of how perfect I am that I can think of coaching others to deal with their lives. I'm as bad as they come, I have my crappy days, my bossy days , my teary days..You name it , I have them..

So what is the difference I could make in the people I train ?I view our bodies and how it works, our emotions and how they work as something that can be discovered ..We can discover what pushes our buttons , what makes us tick , what moves us .Indeed we can. And different people have different modes.Having said that there are certain parts of us that have a physiological element to them and we re act according to the stimulus in patterns we have acquired , that we learnt even before we were born, in our mother's wombs.

It is healthy to have emotions, and it is also healthy to be angry , to be sad, annoyed ..you name it...View the emotions as the ripples on the surface of the lake which changes according to the exctiting factors acting on the surface of the lake. A pebble, a breeze, a leaf, an insect, a fish jumping out.....Fluid, changing and moving ...

Look at children playing, they come to the playground , new kid on the block, make their moves and soon get accepted so they move from lonely awkward as part of the group. Then they play experience joy and excitement then a kid falls, and starts to cry, others may ignore the kid, one of them goes to comfort the kid, and soon the kid starts to play again, pain forgotten , sadness forgotten. And so on and so forth. Fluidity of emotions .Emotions as visitors in the parlour of your being, they come for a visit , stay for a while and leave.

Leaving what? The depth of our being hold the Self and the Self in its essential state is joyous and peaceful . Has a depth of qualities such as compassion love beauty harmony, different quantities of which acounts for the difference in the personality and in what they aspire to.

And so , it is that when we understand this, we understand that stuck emotions are the problem and how they get stuck and how to unstick them becomes a necessity if we want to reveal the Self in all its splendour.

I want to thank and bless all those who wished me happy birthday. Yes indeed it is a joyous one , inspite of the surface crappiness because I was lonely ...for the company of my human beloved..

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nurelhuda, thanks for responding. I am indeed honoured with this entry. Let me be honest with you here. Mysterious pycnogenol feel like opening up and revealing himself, just reading this short entry of yours.

I have a problem with hurt. I have this hurting feelings that I just cannot let go. It's been years now. As I had revealed in my 'sevens', just as I can give my all to the one I love, I can also be all so unforgiving to those who I really detest, (in short, those who had betrayed and hurt me real bad)

I wished I am like that kid in the playground, but I know I am not!!

Suriya said...

Pycno, may I direct you to an eclass I conducted , the Wounded Healer.You may find that doing the exercises can help you with stuck feelings.Also do Surrendering as a tool to healing.Note I said do, not read because there are exercises to do
http://nursyifa.info/sufismhealing/woundedhealer.html
http://nursyifa.info/sufismhealing/surrenderingasatool.html

dith said...

Suriya, I am having one of my migraine day today. Help me!

Suriya said...

Dr Roza,
I do hope you are feeling better!

sume said...

Interesting post. It never occurred to me to think of emotions as visitors. I thought of them in terms of juggling or trying to pull off some kind of balancing act, sometimes even as a tug of war. Maybe I visualize too much.

Anonymous said...

That part about the children really struck a chord in me. I was once a TA in a preschool centre before the SPM results was released.

One of the most poignant, significant things that those children taught me was that, make peace like we do.

the will get into fights and tears and screams but everything will be all right again, they'll be friends once more... before the school was over.

On the other hand, I'm not usually a person who bottles up her feelings... though I admit that I cry a little bit too easily... you might say I'm oversensitive.. but I'm learning to strike a balance on my own emotions and not get too carried away with them.