Thursday, November 24, 2005

Fan Clubs and other stuf


The Star today has an article on page 10, Mawi pays the price.
Fame has a price !

Fans write mail, some of it hate mail, and some of it telling the do s and the don ts that they expect from their hero/heroin! And when the hero or heroin does not do what they expect , then they will resort to threats, and cajoling and insults or pleading ..
Of course there are the people throwing themselves at the feet of the people they idolize and admire..(Ooops I just read words like idolize are to be avoided by the press because it is against Islam ..have they got a fatwa out yet?)
Now what am I getting at? Just that when you have fans and followers, you have to be aware of their influence upon what you write and how you write. I was going through a blog that has a lot of admirers and comments and I think I detect a change in writing style..Now my advice to the fellow is: don t bow to their demands man! You were doing good before..
This is the real test of being genuine but then again, according to a quantum physics law the mere act of observing changes the observed..there is more about this in Schrodinger's cat!

" And now my friends are looking strange , they shake their heads they say I've changed. Well something's lost and somethings gained in living everyday"
lyrics from the Song Both sides now..who sang it?

16 comments:

dith said...

:)...I too detected that drastic change in his style that I can't find the correct words to comment..kesian Bergen

dith said...

Dewa..psssstttt....dengar ni Dewa... MMMMAAAWWWWWIIIIII!!!

heheh....kesian Dewa...he's so allergic to Mawi, he gets hives so bad that he's all puffed up and bloated, eyes red and watery...

Nurelhuda- you better give him something before he gets into hypersensitive shock!

Queen Of The House said...

Si Dewa tu tak bagi I join his Makcik Bloggers seminar because I TERmimpi MAWIIIIIIIIIII!

Both Sides Now was one of the earlier songs I learnt to sing (if you can call it singing). My dad had a record (ingat lagi LPs?) the singer ..... alahai dah lupa. Some perempuan (is it Anne Murray? Maybe not).

Susah jadi orang famous ni. Buat itu tak kena, buat ini tak kena. Docs, u all famous tak? Famous in blog world is famous enough.

Queen Of The House said...

OK now I remember. Joni Mitchell. Her other song I knew (now dah lupa) is Clouds.

anggerik merah said...

Dewa dah allergy dah...hehehe...

anggerik merah said...

sory, sambung ...dengan Mawiii

Anonymous said...

Mawi is not bad...but I prefer Felix anytime !!
Honestly, I pity all these celebs who have to give up so much of their privacy, just for some glamour.
I'm just contented being plain me, and so much loved and appreciated by my Pycno. Cukup lah tu, kan?

Anonymous said...

Assalamualaikum..
Hmmm.. fame has its price, like you said.. Sometimes I find it weird why certain people can spend their life dedicated to HATING some artist who doesn't affect their life in any way! Just look at all the anti-*insert artist's name* sites on the Net.. As for Mawi, well.. hope things will turn out better for him. Fans can really be cruel.

Anonymous said...

You hit bullseye Ayumi with your comment! Thank God that Pycno only have fans who just love and adore him. Setakat ni, tak ada hate mails lagi-lah. SMS yang terima pun, semuanya menyejukkan hati. :)))

Led said...

Hey, I really love to read and know about Schrodinger's Cat. Especially Ceshire Cat in Alice in a Wonderland. Actually, Schrodinger is a friend of Einstein, right? I follow about this since I was 14th.

Led said...

About Mawi, yeah I am totally agree with you. He shall listen to his rationality. Not others obsessions.

ahnali said...

hmm..mawi mawi..
haha..
was like..huh..sape mawi ni..tetibe je popular giler..pelik budak2 yg sesat kat india ni pun leh angau gle2 ngan die..

=D

Anonymous said...

having fans are a wonderful thing, as long as they have minds of their own... but when they turn fanatical, now that's scary!

HCI said...

nurel, asyik2 tengok muka si mamat tu kat your page.

Suriya said...

I been awaaayyy sorry you guys I will catch up with your comments later!

Anonymous said...

Blogs are an easy way to share news among family members and post
the latest baby pictures, it's equally well suited for a business to post updates and data to inform the public, employees or other interested parties. insurance