Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Reminders (Ian Watson)

My introdcution to Ian was his book Methodologies in Homeopathy. A book sent to me from the UK by an online friend. A book I really appreciated and had determined for me the direction my homeopathy was to take. Since then I had expanded my horizons to healing the spirit and the emotions. I had no idea that Ian was also on a similar path.
I found his website and his writings via a link sent to my Beyond Homeopathy mailing list.
Here are some quotes from Ian. He calls them reminders because he teaches that we already know everything we need to know and what anybody can do for us is to remind us.
............................................................................................................

Consciousness

Consciousness, energy and matter are a trinity. They are three aspects of the one thing.


Growth

If you really want to help people to grow, you have to be willing to give them back to themselves


Life of the Spirit

Moving your centre of gravity from the outer material concerns of life to the inner realm of spirit - that is the work of the maturing adult human being.


Doing What you Love

It's said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, it may or may not, but at least you'll be doing what you love and, quite likely, loving what you do. In my experience, that beats getting well paid for doing something that robs you of the joy of life.


Clarity

When you really get down to clarifying exactly what it is you're seeking, you will inevitably be surprised to discover that you already have it.


Movement

'I find the great thing in this world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving.'
Oliver Wendell Holmes


Compost

Composting is as good a metaphor for the spiritual life as I have come across. You take what appears to be waste material - that which is normally thrown away - and you contain it. With a little bit of encouragement, it starts to break down, and what starts out stinking and slimy is transformed into something sweet and full of the essence of life itself. Out of decay and death comes new life - it's an ever-present theme in nature that we do well to remember.


Paradox

All truth contains a paradox. Only when we embrace a pair of opposites do we get a taste of the whole picture. Even then, it's only a taste. It's not the whole picture!


Acceptance

One of the secret keys to healing is acceptance. Allowing things to be as they are (not how we want them to be) is a necessary first step towards change.


Being Yourself

It takes no effort to be yourself. On the other hand, it takes a lot of effort to be something that you're not.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are definitely pearls of wisdom. Thank you for sharing. I will definitely have them posted next to my computer, so I can see and be reminded EVERYDAY !!

dith said...

I THINK THE MOST IMPORTANT REMINDER IS ACCEPTANCE I.E. REDHA. INSYALLAH IF WE ACCEPT WHATEVER ALLAH HAS DECREED UNTO US WE WILL LIVE A PEACEFUL LIFE.

Anonymous said...

I find the compost metaphor very interesting... i never see it that way before. would this be something like failure, but using it as a stepping stone instead of giving up, success would follow eventually?

Suriya said...

Well Crimson
Let us take illness and failure as an example. It does seem to be negative doesn't it? You probably know that my husband Uncle Jaafar was very ill in May? I see that it has changed quite a number of things in him. He seems to be more spiritual more introspective and a lot more compassionate than he was. His staff used to appreciate him a lot and they really showed that appreciation when they came even as far as KK ( he fell ill in KK) to see him when they thought he may die. But now , from the Kad Raya he received, I see that the same staff appreciate him even more now that he is less fierce and more gentle .From the illness came this gentle person who was hidden by the vibrant health he had previously.