Friday, December 02, 2005

The past one week


Coaching notes
Hazizan coaching Wendy
Micheal coaching us

Above, Bicarasufi friends below, Amanda my massage therapist

Alastair's book
Alastair

Dr Jahid

Life will never be the same again. Things will never look the same nor feel the same. This one week is like a lifetime.
I had a call on Thursday morning from a doctor friend. She asked me to contact a friend of a friend whose daughter had just taken 25 panadols and was now very ill in ICU at Selayang hospital. She had been sent from another hospital after she bled from the orifices ..a sure sign of DIVC. In fact, her organs were in falure already when they decided to transfer her and she was in coma.I was supposed to fetch Al from the airport at 12 that night but changed my plans. Shoved my clothes into my bag, and grabbed hubby and took off to Selayang Hospital. I saw H lying so still and so cold in ICU , checked my bag for the remedy I had made, that had saved the life of a very close relative who had taken close to 50 tabs only to find it missing from my bag. My maid had taken out the botol of remedy and it was now on my table at home! Sadly I told the mum I would make some more and have it sent in the morning. I got a call in the morning from another friend. No need to make the remedy. I was a bit surprised but not for long. She seemed to have stablised , the BP and pulse were steady, no bleeding when I saw her but, in the morning, she started to bleed again and then she died at 6.30. I felt so shattered, she was only 20 years old and had been fasting the whole week before . She was in the midst of exams and had been a little bit down because she felt she did not do too well. We will not know what really happened. When her mum went to see her, she was studying in another state, she was already in coma. We do not know why she took the panadols but I feel sure she did not intend to kill herself ..but she died anyway. It happens so often. I had a patient who swallowed 20 panadols after her lecturer tore up her project which she had slaved over for months, spending money she could barely afford. I had packed her off to the hospital where she slowly slid into a coma but she recovered, with a bad liver and bad gastritis and I had helped her back to health , scolding her and cajoling her, giving her a piece of my mind sometimes and sometimes just listening to her woes until she regarded me as her second Mum. She has finished her studies and is married and so I will be getting not one grandchild soon but two. One from my daughter and another from my "adopted" daughter.

Then we had gone to fetch Alastair at the airport and the next day was the seminar. It was very good. I told Al he had grown in his ablitiy to teach since I last saw him. He had written a book about the experiments he did for several remedies , we call them provings and I was impressed with the systematic way he had done it. A far cry from the earlier provings bythe earlier homeopaths, and even by Hahnemann himself. Of course we have more tools at our disposal now.I did not know how much he appreciated my friendship until he had asked me to write something for him to place on the back cover. I wrote what I felt was real:
"What has always impressed me about Alastair is his dedication and commitment to excellence. His teaching has never been less than magnetic . I have seen Alastair at work and at play. When he does something, he does it with his whole presence and that is the quality that you will find in his provings."

There it was on the back cover!

On Saturday , regretfully I had to leave the seminar for a few hours to attend a gathering of my sufi online friends from Bicarasufi.com.I was on the organising committee. Luckily the place I had booked was within walking distance from Hotel City Villa and I did have a lovely time listening to Dr Jahid and I was delighted to meet friends whom I had never met before. Dr Jahid's short speech penetrated my heart and my sadr ( chest) ..the words so clear , ringing so true. Until today I can still feel the impact on my chest. It still feels kind of full which is one reason I say I will never be the same again. We plan to have more meetings and perhaps the next thing we will organise is forums.
I spent Sunday afternoon bringing Al to Low Yatt to buy some *toys* he wanted. Being the yuppy that he is, he loves all the electronic toys ..he was almost drooling. Al left early Monday morning . Alias took him to the airport.
Monday was an off day for me. I had arranged to get a deep tissue massage with Amanda who has a lovely place in Bangsar she calls the Wellness Place. Amanda had attended the Homeopathy workshop and she came to fetch me from the LRT station , gave me a wonderful massage and sent me back. She does very good work indeed!

On Tuesday was the start of my coaching workshop with Micheal Heah. There were 14 of us there and most of them highpowered people in the business industry. To my surprise I found that I knew a lot more about coaching than I would have thought I did and I also discovered where I need to improve. It was a mind opening 3 days. I am just thinking that I have to be careful or I will find myself in coaching mode with my friends who will then run away because I ask such penetrating questions that make them uncomfortable and have to seek answers!

A whole lot of other things were happening with family and other friends at this time. It had been a real upheaval time.
Of all times a friend chose to develope acute pulmonary embolism and have a manic depressive behaviour disorder , she had to have it during the week I was away. And a frantic other friend could not reach me to go with her to the hospital...
My hubby was transferred back to Melaka because his eyes were not yet fully recovered and he needed a less demanding job for the mean time. It was traumatic for him even though it was for the greatest good.

And so on and so forth. I guess I did not convey my emotions through all of this but perhaps they come through anyway and maybe these pictures will help you get the suasana!

Postscript:
After writing this I realised there may be parts which may be misconstrued. I realise I am not as involved in people as I sound...
I am starting to notice the changes in me. I explain more about what I do since I know people would not know unless I explained to them what I do.So the coaching is helping me to understand marketing and networking.

16 comments:

Led said...

Once I thought to slash my veins coz of my proposal was not on track at all.I did, nearly.

anggerik merah said...

Well come back kak Su dear. So much happenings for you..

Queen Of The House said...

What a week, which I'm sure a person made of lesser stuff would find hard to go through. I feel sad reading about the poor girl ...

Suriya said...

Led, it is so common nowadays, as if not doing well is the end of the world! So much pressure on our students nowadays. I wish many would read Rich Dad Poor Dad, the author says a university degree is not a necessary component of earning a living and even getting rich!
Anggerik how are you doing?
QOTH..I am not sure I fare very well with such a heavy load emotionally. What pulls me through I think is prayers and grounding myself. And here is another indicator: I bought a blouse, a maxi and a skirt and a pair of trousers..now you know what I do when the emotional charge is too high! Shop!!

anggerik merah said...

Kak Su, I am not too bad. Feel good and want to express a lot. Will contact you later.

Hey..did I read that you shop when the emotional charge is too high? Sound very very familiar to me!
Kak su, love you and miss you.

ahnali said...

hm hmmm..now i know why sometimes ma bought so many stuffs tetibe..hahaha

dith said...

Nurelhuda- trust you to make a week of your hiatus, packed with so many important and memorable event! Has sure nak suggest you makan Gano dia tuh!

Queen Of The House said...

You know the expression ... when the going gets tough, the tough go shopping! I suppose it helps to put things in perspective .... at least it helps to ease some burden on the mind, I suppose.

Suriya said...

Wow Anggerik , I gues the go shopping syndrome is quite common ?
Nothing boosts the confidence like new clothes right?
QOTH that is the first time I heard the saying like this..hehehe did you modify it?
DITH, that is where a handphone camera comes in handy..
Hana eerk now you know!

anggerik merah said...

Kak Su, you are very right abt it. New cloth, shoes etc etc..Even worst for me is that when I had this syndrome, how much I pay is meaningless...Lucky if it happen during sale! Othwise, if I like it I will take it..

luckyfatima said...

oh my God what a sad story. What was your remedy that was left at home?

so sorry to hear about it.

Suriya said...

anngerik, I used to be worse than this, because I used to get down often, now it is just too high an emotional charge!
LF, you are the only one who asked , very good question since it is easy to make!I am not sure if it could have saved her but it did help in another case .Using the homeopathic principle of an isopathic remedy, what I do is get a paracetamol tablet crush it and dilute it in water, a glassful will do, does not have to be exact, then take a spoonful of this and add it to another glassful, stir 100 times and then take a spoonful add to another glass. Do this up to 6 times and you will have a remedy paractamol 6x.Experiments have found that what happens is it neutralizes the poison and hastens exceretion from the body. You can do this with any poison and even things you are allergic to.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing the remedy with us. That is so useful.
BTW, Dr Jahid was with Universiti Malaya dulu kan??

Suriya said...

Pycno,yes he was with University Malaya

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you are okay. Funny thing is, my hubby has Rich Dad Poor Dad too... might just give that book a peek now! Hope that you get more 'me time' after the busy week of running around, although the massage sounds like it did you good! Take care.

Suriya said...

Yes Kenakalayan , hope you are having a great time on holiday. I recommend the massage and my massage therapist , she is great!