Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Seeking the Night of Power

Ceramah Perdana Ramadhan at Kolej 12 MU with moderator Bidasuri and fellow panelists Shah Kirit and Ustazah Maznah Daud


There is a long explanation and a list of things one can do to benefit from the Night of Power or Lailatul Qadr.
You can read about it here .

I used to think I do not need to seek this night if I do my prayers consistently and make my supplications ( du'a) earnestly daily, surely on the night of power I would benefit from it.

Then again when I heard a fellow forum panelist talking about the Night of Power it dawned upon me that this Night would not have had a whole small surah dedicated to it had it not been a very special night. Then it struck me as being foolish not to seek this Night of nights, this night that is better than a thousand months of ordinary nights.

My fellow panelist Ustazah Maznah said this night is not found by all seekers and is only for the few who deserve to find it and the reward of finding it is experiencing a beauty beyond description and having our prayers and supplications answered .

I suppose I had always thought I am too ordinary to be given the gift of being a witness of the Night of Power, of experiencing it and knowing I was awake during this Night .

Now I am thinking, how would experiencing this Night change a person? What would a person need to have accomplished to be rewarded this Night? Do I know what I want to ask for? Do I know what I want for myself ? What is the price I have to pay for what I want and would I have what it takes.

I guess I will be seeking the night of Power in the coming days till the end of Ramadhan . I will be seeking it in the days and nights to come by making supplications, by telling God my longing for this day, by being good to people including to myself, by spending time listening to that voice that speaks to me from within, by really asking myself what do I really want with myself...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

May all of us find what we truly seek, ameen. Thanks for the reminder.. how quickly is Ramadhan passing us by!

dith said...

Thank you Suriya for the reminder. Yes I've always wondered how it's like for someone to have experience the night. It should be a life changing experience!

pycnogenol said...

MasyaAllah....THANK YOU for the reminder. I've been so busy of late that I didnt realize how fast Ramadhan is leaving us, and soon it'll be Syawal again.

Salam Ramadhan to you and family. Take care.