Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Manjalara Lessons Learnt from it




I never cease to get amazed what one can learn , even when one feels that television is shallow and only good for watching when one wants to go into a brainless stupor as a distraction from the pain of living a routine life.

The key ingredient in being able to learn something from just about anything is to be present to that which is before one.

I am not going to write a sinospis , you can find a sinopsis HERE

This is in point form and if you want to know what I am talking about , I guess you have to look for the series , mind you there are 75 episodes of 40 mins each minus the adverts!

Lessons
1. There is not truly good or bad people.
2. People do things for reasons they find valid for them, and whatever it is right or wrong in the eyes of others, it is the best choice the person has at that point in time...sounds like NLP , yes it is!
3.We are acting all the time, and I found I can act a part if I want to anytime, yes I have always known I can act , except my path did not take me down that line. Will the real Suriya please stand up? She only exists in the depth of her being what you see is a Performance .....
4. Revenge comes from an ego need that does not fulfill the self . It is only forgiveness that can heal the self/soul no matter how great the hurts
5. When the self esteem is low, one cannot believe a person can love one for one's self and is quick to believe that the other person has motives other than true love.
6. Going away to lick wounds is a cliche of this telenovella...I never have the chance to go away to lick wounds..I go away to seek guidance....journeying in a foreign land is the best way to get to know yourself...away from the routines of normal living...
7. Saving a lady from falling or drowning is a romantic moment to be exploited many times over.
8. Drama and comedy go well together
9. If Manja can do it, so can I. Come on kilograms , shed off! Yes indeed I was thinking of planning a Manjalara diet for my patients , inspire them with a passion to lose the excess baggage
10. Never get hooked on a telenovella that has clifhanger ends...it drives you crazy

2 comments:

Paul said...

I was right with you till number seven, lol. Even in my thirty seven years of good health I missed out on this - cursed, apparently, by even ground and no flash flooding in my immediate vicinity... The flooding would have been no good anyway, I could barely keep just myself afloat in the water...

Suriya said...

Oh Dang Paul!
I knew I should not have followed my deep sharing with this lighthearted post on the telenovella, now you missed my Ramadhan thoughts!