Friday, May 09, 2008

Nose stud


The 20 year old sweet young thing came in with her Dragon Mum . Shel came in to have her nose stud removed. She could not do it alone.I think it was her mum who convinced her to remove the nose stud, entertaining her with nightmare tales of an infected nose stud hole.

The nose stud was very small from the outside and from the inside there was this long tiny rod which was screwed on by a tiny screw.

I wonder if it tickles or pokes into the flesh if she slept on her face..or maybe she never sleeps on her face or maybe she cannot bury her head into the pillow to have a good cry because it would make the pointy inside end dig into the flesh in the nose? I am sure she does not have an itchy nose after taking belacan though , because if she did it would be sheer torture not to be able to rub the nose!

My clinic assistant handled the case, and inadvertently screwed it on even tighter!
I muttered something about a pair of pliers to cut off the stud..
The patient was wailing , aaaaah you screwed it even tighter , she got up fuming ...
My clinic assistant talked to her in soothing dulcet tones..a good thing for I had something more sarcastic on the tip of my tongue.
So she sat down again and my clinic assistant unscrewed it the other way this time and finally the nose stud was off....


postscript:

I did not know that her loud wails and shouts had been heard by my other patients until a patient asked about it later.......

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

6 comments:

Aimi Jaafar said...

i know i wont be happy to have something stuck in or on my nose.

it'll be hard for me to make my nose-sound. haha.

Anonymous said...

Funny - Is it the same girl from pic?

Reemas
PrivateMarriage.com

Queen Of The House said...

That's just the nose. I can't imagine how comfortable other pierced parts could be - how can people even think of piercing those parts .... like the tongue, eyelid, n*pple, even the private parts! I have a friend with a pierced navel - bila dah pregnant, the navel stud (or was it a ring?) became uncomfortable and had to come off. Imagine the risk of infection too. Ugh.

Queen Of The House said...

oops make that UNcomfortable!

Hope AdDict said...

salam kak su.. i stumbled on ur blog while bloghopping. happy to see u here ... i do not know if u remember me, its lina . we went to tzu chi's taiwan trip together back in 2003???... anyway i have left the establishment and gone private in klang valley now. good to have find u here... wassalam

Suriya said...

salam Linalani ! Nice to meet you here too!
Yes Lina of course! When will we meet again???