Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Hana oh Hana

When she was about 10 years old
Hana is the one with glasses , picture taken last year , before going for an anatomy practical

Yesterday my son came upstairs and announced Hana lost her ticket . It did not register for a second..then it dawned on me Oh ! her ticket to come back home? After some frantc calls to her she finally replied..she is in Manipal India ...and I managed to tell her to go to the ticket office and make a report and get a new ticket issued. This afternoon I was feeling really low and I did not have a clue why and then at 6 pm , a call on my handphone from Hana!
Maaaaa they can only issue a ticket 15 days from now..she had booked a flight on the 24th of Feb , which is day after tomorrow..I could hear the despair in her voice ...I knew she was probably very teary. She was at the ticket office at that time.
I may as well not go home...she only had a month's break...
Calm down dear..just use your credit card to buy a new ticket , we can sort out your lost ticket later , get a reimbursement or something...
With that she hung up and I proceeded to talk to a patient of mine who was relating that her endometriosis is almost gone..yes I know it is hard to believe , but I use homeopathy and a food supplement called TF ..and it has produced amazing results...She had been to see the Obgyn who confirmed there was only one tiny cyst of 2 cm left and she was symptom free!
So tonight I called Hana again to find out what was happening. The guy at the ticket office will do his best to get her on the same flight she had booked earlier or, book her on the next earlierst flight and in the meantime my daughter will make another search for her lost ticket. He must have taken pity on Hana for her great distress. I had been to India , Bombay specifically and I vouch for the kindness and caring of most of the Indians I met and hubby told me Manipal is the same, they are very caring there.
So each of us family members have an assignment tonight , solat Hajat for Hana's safe homecoming and if possible with the least hassle and cost.

10 comments:

dith said...

May she come back safely! Ameen!

p.s. she's pretty!

anggerik merah said...

Kak Su, she is beautiful & sweet!..Wish her a safe journey back home.

Mama Pongkey said...

Oh nooo...
That happened to my housemate once, she bought another ticket at the airport. They gave her a refund when she showed them her misplaced ticket later on...

May Allah make it easy for all of you, ameen... gambatte ne, Hana!

Anonymous said...

Hana oh Hana,
Apasal hilang tiket?
Macam mana tak boleh hilang,
Teringin sangat nak balik.....

Mesti tersorok tempat yang elok sangat tu....Cari lagi, jangan panik.

I hope you'll have a safe journey home....

an0nymous-ign0ranus said...

the one thing that i hope will never happen to me (which nearly happened when i misplaced a ticket and turned the house inside out upside down and yay! i finally found it).

only Tuhan tahu how lega i was, for if i were to ask my parents for duit lebih to get new ticket, sure kena sembelih.

Suriya said...

Well Babe
I could not sembelih my Hana . Yes some money is lost because she had to get a new ticket and we will be asking for a refund on the lost ticket. Lucky it is an Air India tiket because they do not penalise heavily for losing tickets , in fact Air India in India is ticketless which actually makes a lot of sense, all you need remember is your flight date and your name ..and they can get the info from their computer ...
Silly MAS charges a whopping 30% for loss of a ticket , no wonder they lost so much money ,cashing in on people's misfortune! ..those who manage to lose tickets would probably be scatterbrained students like Hana...who buy open tickets!

Anonymous said...

Hana dah selamat tiba rumah?

Suriya said...

Thanks for asking
Yes she is just back, the Thai Airways flight was cancelled and she was put in a hotel and rescheduled 24 hours later so is late by one day! Allhamdulillah

Anonymous said...

ALHAMDULILLAH. Both Mama and Hana must surely be SO happy. And we are happy for both of you, too.

Salams to Hana. We want her to write an entry on this episode...;)

Anonymous said...

I almost missed the plane once, it was really terrifying and since the gate was the very last one for domestic flights, I ran the whole way! Thank God it waited for me.. hehe. Malu pon ada jugak, having all those eyes upon me when I took my seat.

Reagrding the homeopathy, I do believe its healing properties are so much better than those of the usual drug prescriptions given to us. Its 'principle' is to make the disease go all out, instead of just stopping the pain for a while.

Glad to know that she's already home safely :)