Tuesday, February 14, 2006

LOVE

Appears on Front Parlour Ballads (2005)
As I was walking down by old Thames side
Well my foot and my heart seemed to falter
For there you were standing by Custom House Landing
Like Venus risen out of the water

CHORUS
And they’ll say it’s because I’m a fool in love
That I swear there’s no beauty before you
But those that deny or think that I lie
Well those are the ones never saw you

O there never was anyone perfect as you
As you stood there and smiled to greet me
And I looked for a phrase to capture your ways
But that’s a task will always defeat me


( But if you see her , you would wonder what he saw in her ...for only He could see her beauty that was hidden from everyone else..Nurelhuda's note)

7 comments:

dith said...

So have you realy seen her? :)

Bergen said...

I wonder if it will make us love a person better if we are a fool since the line 'I'm a fool in love' is sung quite often.

Maybe by being a fool we don't analyze too much to see things from a rational point of view.

Maybe being in love is not about being rational.

Maybe that's why people in love do irrational things, and they become braver and bolder to make decisions that they wouldn't make if they ain't fool enough to be in love.

Suriya said...

Well, actually ..yes...hehehe...warts and all..of course I have not seen her!!!

Bergen: Being in love is being irrational and so full of the love hormones that the whole world is viewed in a different light. One grows mad...
But this lesser love is nothing compared to the madness of one in love with God

Mama Pongkey said...

Maybe as with physical pleasures, this is a foretaste of Heaven? Or being in the Divine Presence?

Anonymous said...

I have come across someone following sufism acting out of the ordinary.
Can that possibly be 'madness of one in love with God' where,suddenly, you appear no longer in touch with reality? I've been told that only the Guru will be able to sort out that kind of problem/situation. Is that true?
Honestly, I find that pretty scary.

Suriya said...

Well pycno
That madness is not really madness , it is because you view things differently. But of course if we fall over the edge then we do become mad. Actually even genius is on the edge of madness...Yes a guru will be able to help. I have a teacher , many teachers in fact and will not hesitate to seek help if something wierd starts to happen..hmm did you post this under the right posting?

Anonymous said...

No, I didnt. Just that, since you said something about one who is madly in love with God....I thought I might as well take the opportunity to seek clarification. Sorry to have caused the confusion.
I know you'd have the answer to that, though. You never dissapoint me. Thanks.