Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Synchronicity







Last Saturday I was in KL to give a presentation and some tips about emotional intelligence to a group of women whose husbands had been detained without trial , some for the last 5 years.Most of them resonated with what I had to say because they had already reached the point of transcending their victim mentality and were empowered . I was thinking to myself , these women are getting stronger and stronger in spirit , in faith and in wisdom. Adversity has a way of either making or breaking a person but those who have a great deal of faith and a connection to the Divine will transcend their very selves to excel in spirit and this was what I saw in this group of women.

On the way back I found myself in front of Ampang Point and stopped to go to Pay Less Books. Indeed I paid less but I paid quite a lot, RM 180 and among the treasures I brought home was one on Synchronicity by Joseph Jaworski. It was the unlikeliest title for a book about leadership but it was not merely about leadership, it was about surrendering to the inner guidance , about transcending , about understanding the unity of the Universe. He succeeded in establishing the American Leadership forum which up till now trains leaders from all over the US about working together and about being the Servant Leader.
Joseph Jaworski now heads an organization that trains leaders from all over the world called
Generon Consulting

Having had some amazing experiences with the kind of synchronicity he was talking about , I could relate very well to it.
What I have yet to experience is the coming together of like minded people to do something truly transcendental. There is this longing within me of finding the people who share my beliefs and my convictions and who want to bring about the consciousness of a transcendental way of being that is available to each and everyone of us . We do not have to be saints and prophets to experience connection with the Divine neither do we have to be gifted or otherwise superior for in truth we already are. Who will join me in my quest to truly leave a lagacy of love and light to the Nation and to the World ?
The book ended with a quote from Carl Jung
"Invoked or not invoked, God is present"

5 comments:

Mama Pongkey said...

Kawe. :)
Synchronicity.. I think this is why sages of old, including our Prophet saw said to choose our friends wisely, as we tend to synchronise with our companions.
May Allah give us all the strength to truly walk on His Path, and continually remember Him, ameen.

pycnogenol said...

I thought we syncronise very well, so count me in.

BTW, it's goood to hear from you again. Welcome back. Anak-anak, apa khabar?

p/s: Pay Less Books is also my favourite haunt, and of course, I always ended up paying more, but honestly I'm not complaining for I get to bring back MORE of my favourite books home too.

dith said...

Adversity has a way of either making or breaking a person
...how true. Alhamdulillah that the ISA prisoners' wives are empowered by this adversity.

May you succeed in this great quest of yours!

Suriya said...

Hellow ye faithful friends o mine!
Kenakalayan...when can we meet??
Yes I will write an entry on relanguaging heheheh

Mama Pongkey said...

Nurelhuda

InshaAllah when I return home.. (unless u are coming to London soonish) might be in KL for a couple of months.. kalau tak pun come to Kuantan and we can have a biiggg Fellowship reunion! :D