Thursday, June 21, 2007

Why do these things happen?





I just saw a girl who had a tummy ache. She is so sweet ,a pretty young girl. She was trying to tell me something and I just asked how can I help. And she told me she has just swallowed 10 paracetamol tablets a few days ago, not enough to kill her I thought but enough to cause her a bad tummy ache and also compromise her liver. I could give her the antidote but how to stop her from doing it again. I took out my card with my phone number, call me anytime and I aslo gave her the number of my EFT therapist attached to my center ..sent her for counselling...with Maryam...

Her problem...her fiance was seeing another woman , they were getting married in a month and he said he will marry her and also keep this other woman...

And I asked her and you want to go through with it...she said yes and I asked why and she was silent.

I asked again is it because you need to save face or perhaps you love him even after all this?

And she replies , both...

I don t know what is the best thing for her...just want to be sure she gets sorted out ...and not attempt another suicide...

I have seen so many try to kill themselves with paracetamol and one young girl succeeded , she went into live failure and died....

all because she was a top student and had not been doing that well that semester....and did not know how to tell her parents she did not do as well....

2 comments:

Paul said...

I know I've mentioned this once or twice in commenting on blogs, but don't think I did here so I'll mention it.

When I was studying for a masters in counseling, the best short quote I ever ran across that I thought might be useful and apply to the overwhelming majority of people considering suicide was this:

"Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem."

I wish I knew who said it! My professor did, but he was quoting someone else...

Suriya said...

That is a very useful way of looking at suicide except for the one who succeeds in killing themselves....