Sunday, September 06, 2009

Ramadhan Reflections 6

"Certainly Allah exercises power in every matter (Allah is exalted in Power, Wise)" Quran2:20


Hassan's reflection

Allah controls the major things as well as the smallest of things. We can only “go with the flow” so to speak. We must always strive to do our best in everything we do, but in the end we must have faith that Allah is not my co-pilot, Allah is the pilot. I am the co-pilot!

Suriya's reflection

This verse is one that helps me to have faith in God's plans for me . When we strive the best we can and do not seem to be making progress , it is hard to see what lies ahead and when the situation will change . It is like being unable to see the light at the end of the tunnel while you are traveling in the tunnel , even though you are actually making progress and getting nearer to the end of the tunnel. What gives hope and keeps you going is the thought that Allah's plan is there in place and what will happen will be in accordance to Allah's decree and I just have to plod on as best I can. Sometimes also Allah's will does not coincide with what we want. And in this case we would find ourselves being thwarted at what we do. The path of least resistance has always been my style . This does not mean the easiest path because following where I feel guided to go has taken me around the world . I say it is the path of least resistance because things seem to be arranged for me and whatever provisions I need is made available and things fall into place. For this to happen I think what is needed is a constant connection with Allah in order to be in alignment with Allah's purpose for you.

No comments: